Sunday, August 18, 2013

Overwhelmed

Overwhelmed, not by my own love, but by His willingness to love me! 
I remember as a young girl, I would rate someone's love for me on a gauge of what they were willing to do for me.  I so often would end up disappointed by the barter system of love.  I now realize, those that love me, just love me.  It had nothing to do with if they always did what I wanted, but just a desire to love me that far exceeded my desire to be loved.  Sounds crazy!

His desire to love me, far exceeds my desire to be loved! That's what makes His love a perfect love!  It is not conditional on me!  Can we truly love based on our heart's desire to love others, instead of their desire to be loved?  Many say they want to be loved, but most don't feel they deserve it so they shun it, sabotage it or put conditions on how they are willing to receive it. 

If He loves me 100%, all the time because that is all He wants to do, then the perfection of His love has nothing to do with me.  I control the reception of love.  My desire to be loved by another is what changed when I rated love.  If a person didn't do what I wanted, I didn't want their love.  Why?  Because it fell short of my love gauge and if you didn't fall within a certain range on my love gauge, then I simply didn't want your love. It clearly wasn't worth much.  So wrong! 

Love is worth more than gold! It is worth more than life!

No comments:

Post a Comment